Meebo IM Bar

Friday, December 2, 2011

Week 13 Super Quick Picks

This is gonna be a really short column. Maybe a couple sentences for each game. Don't like doing these, but I've got stuff to do this weekend. Also, I'll begin writing for SIKIDS soon. The things that I write for SI will not appear on the blog and vice versa. I strongly encourage all of my 20-25 readers to check out the SIKIDS blog. Let's get to the picks.
TEXANS OVER FALCONS
I can't wait to pick against Jake Delhomme in the playoffs. That said, the Texans are finally a good team. Expect a sloppy game by both teams (the Falcons are waaaaaay overdue for one) that the Texans win.
BILLS OVER TITANS
Just when you think the Titans are out, they pull you back in. And just when you think they're in, they throw you back out.
BEARS OVER CHIEFS
I've gotta say, the Bears were surprisingly good last week. They'll get a chance to rest this week before playing The Polarizing Tim Tebow. Bears win big.
BRONCOS OVER VIKINGS
It's (wait for it)....... (wait for it)...... (here it comes)..... TEBOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For all the credit that Tebow's been getting, nobody has been giving much credit to the Denver defense. It rose from 27th to 12th over the last few weeks. Put it this way, I think that even the Vikings fans might be rooting for Tebow at the end of this game.
PATRIOTS OVER COLTS
If the Patriots lose this game, I'm pretty sure it would involve a conspiracy to keep the Colts from getting the number one pick. Actually, that wouldn't be a bad idea. Think about it: you have your division locked up, you have nothing much to play for, and your biggest rival is the worst it's been for ages and without its hall of fame QB. Or is this a terrible idea? You're right, it's a terrible idea.
DOLPHINS OVER RAIDERS
The Dolphins are the sneaky good team that nobody wants to play right now. Vegas is just begging you to put money on the Raiders. Sorry, not falling for that one. You know, if I were in Vegas and not writing this from my school's library.
JETS OVER REDSKINS
I'm legitimately terrified of this game because when you think about it, this is Dolphins-Raiders to a lesser extent. A playoff-caliber team playing its worst (the Jets) facing a team that has nothing to lose and has a quarterback that has performed way too well for no logical reason (Rex Grossman)? Uh, let's just stop talking about this game before I have a panic attack.
PANTHERS OVER BUCS
I always place way too much faith in the Panthers because I believe in Cam Newton. The Panthers' defense would usually make me lean the other way, but the Bucs' offense has been so mistake-prone that I honestly believe the Panthers can give up less than 30 points.
RAVENS OVER BROWNS
I'd watch out for this game. The Browns almost upset the Bengals last week, and they'll keep it close with Baltimore for awhile. I would even make this my upset pick of the week, before realizing that picking against the Ravens D against crappy quarterbacks would result in my arrest and eventual banning from picking a game ever again.
COWBOYS OVER CARDINALS
Kevin Kolb might return on Sunday to face the Cowboys...... and nobody cares. I think that Kolb vs Skelton might be a legitimate debate for Cardinals fans at this point. Hey, it's not like the Cardinals gave up a good corner and a second round pick for him.
PACKERS OVER GIANTS
Is it finally time for the Giants collapse to begin? Every year, it's either the Giants or the Cowboys that fall short of expectations. I have a lot less faith in the Giants than I do the Cowboys, so the Giants are my collapse pick for the end of the season. For everybody that has Aaron Rodgers as their fantasy football QB, enjoy a nice fillet of the Giants defense.
NINERS OVER RAMS
I don't actually have to talk about the NFC West, do I? Let me answer my own question: NO.
SAINTS OVER LIONS
Lions, Bills, and at least one NFC East team. They're the collapsing standbys ever year. If you see any of these teams doing well, don't believe they're in the playoffs even for a second until they clinch. They should be two games worse than they are, with miracle comebacks against Dallas and Minnesota (2-9) preventing them from being 5-6. Meanwhile, the Saints are playing their best football of the year. Lions D surrenders four Brees touchdowns as the Lions win.
CHARGERS OVER JAGUARS
Is anybody else excited for a game between sub .500 teams with no playoff implications and two inept offenses? Anyone? No? I'm shocked.
Stay tuned for Week 14 next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment